This post is about how car dealers can use video to promote their Service Department as part of their overall marketing strategy.
Here’s just a few interesting stats that should encourage dealers to start using video as soon as possible:
- YouTube is the second largest search engine in the world today right after Google (which owns YouTube)
- YouTube alone has over 4 billion views per day
- In the very near future, video will be the primary medium for how internet users consume information
- 78% of people watch at least one video on YouTube every week
- 55% of people visit YouTube every day
- 34% of customers are more likely to purchase after viewing an on-line video advertisement
- 48% of customers say they trust online video advertisement
- On Facebook, 8 billion videos are being viewed each day
- Your customers are about 10 times more likely to engage with your videos rather than text on your website
If you are searching for effective ways to rapidly expand your Service Department, and sell more maintenance and repair items than what you are currently selling, then you should include video promotion to your marketing mix. Millions of people are now becoming aware of various advantages of video marketing, and are using it extensively for promoting their brand, services or products.
Why is video marketing so hot?
Today your customers are hungry for information, but want it fast. So they’d prefer to spend 2-3 minutes watching a video than spending 15-20 minutes reading text. Moreover, videos also help your business in communicating their important points to your target audience in very little time. Another plus point with videos is that you can not only place them on your website but anywhere on the Internet to get maximum online exposure!
Many websites such as Vimeo and YouTube get millions of hits a day. Best of all, content can also be optimized to rank on the top of search engine result pages, giving your dealership an instant exposure to millions of potential buyers. Just imagine somebody from your local area searching for a brake repair on Google and then your Service Department video pops up!
Benefits of video marketing:
- There has recently been a significant increase on how much videos affect your search engine rank optimization (SEO). Videos allow you to increase the time spent by visitors on your site. Thus, longer exposure builds trust and signals search engines (like Google) that your site has good content.You’re more likely to show up first on Google if you have a video embedded on your website.
- Video and mobile go hand in hand. Since people like to watch videos on the go, and the amount of smartphone users is growing, your video audience keeps getting bigger and bigger.
- One of the biggest advantages of video marketing is that it helps you in reaching out to millions of people within a short time, and without spending too many of your marketing dollars.
- A video helps in delivering information quickly and in a simplified format to your target audience. Simplification will attract people to your social channels. A high-quality informative video with a compelling call-to-action can lead a viewer to your website. This has been proven to be one of the most successful lead generation strategies.
- The Millennial generation is set to become the dominant consumer group as Baby Boomers retire in their masses over the next few years. So Millennial generation will become a key consumer group for brands to focus on.
- Content can also go viral and gain millions of views within days. Imagine the benefits for your Service Department. There is no other form of marketing that can offer such impressive results at such a low price.
- You can easily pass your marketing message more effectively because this particular medium appeals to several senses. The use of sound and images elicits feelings and a better understanding of your promotion.
- Your target audience will remember what they saw and heard unlike other marketing methods. This is the best way to present your products and services and clearly explain how they work.
- It helps you in winning the trust of the customer because they understand that it takes time and effort to produce marketing messages.
- It creates an impression that your company is really serious and cares about your image and wants to capture attention
- Success starts with the first impression that your target audience has about you and this is the best way to create a favorable image
- An email promotion that includes a video receives an increase click-through rate. That’s a great way to stand out from competition and get your message across.
- One of the best advantages of video marketing is that videos you create will last for years and will get you more exposure with time. Usually ads die out within a short time, but opposite is true with viral videos, so you will continue to reap benefits for years.
How to start with video:
If you want your service customers to listen to your conversation (marketing message), you need to be where the conversation is happening, and those conversations are taking place through video. To stay relevant, you’re going to have to create video content, and create lots of it.
- Introduction to Service Department: Are you having a problem getting your new & used sales customers introduced to your service department? A service introduction video will go a long way to fill in the gap to those deliveries performed off-hours or when sales management just doesn’t feel the need for it. Sending a thank-you letter to your new sales customers with a service introduction video included is a perfect way to accomplish this.
- Maintenance demonstrations: How often do your customers ask about what is included in a specific maintenance service or inquire about why one maintenance type takes longer than others? How often do your customers push back on the cost of a maintenance and just ask for an oil & filter change? Having your customer view a video demonstrating what your technician is actually going to perform on their vehicle will help create a better understanding and justify the value of your services. Dealers looking to sell more than just oil & filter changes should definitely look to maintenance demonstrations as a way of increasing maintenance sales.
- Training: Video is a great, practical training tool that provides employees with an effective way to learn. Video can provide multiple types of training examples that are difficult to replicate otherwise, and employees can access these resources anytime and review them more than once to ensure they are able to retain the information.
Creating video does not have to be difficult. Starting with a storyboard outlining what you want to discuss and the accompanying scenes will help keep things organized. Some of your videos may need a person in front of the camera – such as your service department introduction video.
Today’s smartphones will shoot a pretty good video, but don’t overlook the importance of good audio. A great-looking video will be ruined with poor sound quality – you’ll definitely need an external microphone hooked up. If you don’t want to use a smartphone, most digital single-lens reflex (DSLR) cameras will shoot HD video where you’ll get much better quality. Also, there are many inexpensive user-friendly video-editing software applications available for both Mac and Windows users.
If all this seems a little too overwhelming, consider getting a professional to do it. You can find a professional at the best price using websites where videographers compete for your job. If you’re near a college that has a film school, hiring a student will get you access to great equipment and talent at a very cheap price. If you’re looking for assistance right away, feel free to contact us today to see how we can help you get started.